Total built area: 6,296 SF (4,187 GLA)
Cooling: Central A/C
Garage Count: 2 Car Garage
Assessed Value $1,031,300 (2015)
Lot Size: .32 acres (13,907 SF)
Heating Type: gas/steam
Water: City Water
Property Tax: $13,365
This stunning residence, at 118 Bellevue Ave. in Melrose, MA, enjoys its reputation as one of the finest homes in the city, enjoying an expansive double lot frontage on renowned Bellevue Ave., twice named “Best Street to Live On” by Boston Magazine.
The stately 1910 Georgian Colonial Revival has been totally renovated, professionally landscaped and decorated to satisfy the most sophisticated buyer. Enjoy gracious living and Back Bay style only 7 miles from downtown Boston, 20 minutes by car, subway or commuter rail. The charming downtown with thriving shops and restaurants is only 2 blocks away, while Melrose itself is steps away from the famous Fells Reservation Park and hiking areas.
The city of Melrose has also recently been chosen by the Realtor’s Association as the “Hottest Zip Code in the Entire Country,” namely the best place to invest in real estate based on rising values, quick sales, proximity to Boston and Cambridge, access to public transportation and excellent schools.
This fabulous 12-room home features:
- 5 bedrooms, including 2 master bedrooms.
- 3 ½ elegant designer baths in travertine, marble and granite with antique vanities and Jacuzzis.
- 1st floor: Drawing room, dining room, library and large kitchen on the ground floor.
- 2nd floor: Two master suites and a guest room on the second floor.
- 3rd floor: Features a large living room, 2 bedrooms, marble bath with Jacuzzi, wet bar and separate air conditioning system.
- Superb kitchen in granite with high-end stainless appliances.
- 2 car garage plus additional parking for 4 or more cars.
- 3 working fireplaces
- Two central air conditioning systems.
- Gas steam heating and cooking.
- Private back yard with brick patio and koi pond
- Automatic irrigation system.
- Automatic two zone outdoor lighting.
- Ecological water-saving landscaping with enormous brick patios and three working fountains.
- 200 amp service with 2 subpanels.